Deadline: 8 February 2019
Do you know an inspirational individual or group making a difference? If yes, then nominate someone today for 2019 UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award.
UNHCR are searching for heroes supporting refugees, internally displaced and stateless people.
The winner will receive USD 150,000 to invest in their humanitarian work. Four regional finalists will also be selected and honoured.
- Any individual, group of people or organization that has displayed extraordinary humanitarian work on behalf of refugees, displaced or stateless peoples is eligible to be nominated.
- Former and current UNHCR staff, including United Nations Volunteers (UNVs) working for UNHCR offices, are ineligible.
- Self-nominations are strongly discouraged. This includes individuals and organizations nominating themselves.
- Candidates may be individuals, groups or organizations. Every Nansen Refugee Award winner and finalists spend an extraordinary amount of time and effort to help the forcibly displaced:
- The nominee’s work goes beyond the call of duty and outside of normal activities;
- The nominee’s work demonstrates courage – they might at times face personal risk for his/her/their work;
- The nominee’s work has a direct positive impact on the lives of forcibly displaced or stateless people;
- The work is connected to a major displacement issue or situation.
Nominees are considered in the following light:
- The deed for which the person/ entity is nominated should take place outside the framework of normal professional duties and go beyond the call of duty;
- It should demonstrate courage;
- It should raise awareness for displaced people; and
- It should reflect the values of UNHCR.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the nomination form via given website.
For more information, Please visit 2019 UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award.