The Karl Kahane Foundation is inviting applications for its grant program to help people to create a dignified and peaceful living environment for themselves and their neighbors. Deadline: 14 December 2018
They were established in 1991 by the late Karl Kahane as an independent, privately funded, non-political and non-religious charitable foundation, and is based in Switzerland.
Based on current events, funding in 2019 will be focussed on the following three themes:
- Accessibility: Allowing people with impairments access to everything society has to offer.
- Social Mobility: Providing young people with inclusive and innovative education, thereby fostering self-sufficiency.
- Migration/Integration: Offering migrants a chance to be part of inclusive communities and providing equal access to health care, education and social welfare.
- The foundation currently have a focus on projects in the following regions:
- MENAT (Middle East, North Africa and Turkey)
- They do not consider applications from individuals or for projects in the fields of culture, art, nature and sports.
Important dates for applicants applying for funding in 2019:
- October 29th, 2018- Application period starts
- December 14th, 2018- Deadline for First-Step applications
- January 18th, 2019- Application period ends
- Early April 2019- Applicants can expect a final decision
- Late May 2019- Grantees can expect funds
How to Apply
- They only accept applications submitted through their online forms.
- All forms must be submitted in English language.
For more information, please visit Kahane Foundation.